Our Environmental Philosophy
Sustainable, Energy Efficient Home Design & Construction
We are committed to the design & construction of environmentally sustainable homes on the NSW South Coast.
Our homes are designed to respond to site conditions, optimise lifestyle, maximise energy efficiency & protect the natural environment.
Considerations such as the following are taken into account in every home we design and/or build.
- Optimal solar orientation & use of passive solar heating and cooling to save you money year after year.
- Consideration of local climatic characteristics to provide maximum comfort in your new home
- Smarter use of water to minimise environmental impact and reduce your rates
- Effective insulation across the whole building envelope to minimise heating and cooling costs & maximise comfort
- Assisting home-owners to waste less and recycle more
- Improving energy efficiency throughout the home
- To reduce waste and environmental impact from the building process during construction
- To eliminate or minimise the use of toxic materials in construction with options such as low VOC paints and other materials
- Smarter use of energy to maximise efficiency of energy use from both electricity and from nature
Why Choose True North Design?
- Because we know that 90% of a building’s performance and cost is decided at the design stage. To us poor design is not an option.
- After 30 years professional building experience and 20 years designing award winning sustainable homes, our reputation has grown due to our universal client appreciation and satisfaction.
- We use ‘state of the art’ technology to develop your individual design into a 3D virtual model.
- Our sophisticated estimating and engineering software guarantees you a reliable estimate which we will fine tune to your individual needs.
- This is why we are the leaders in Energy Efficient design and building, setting the benchmark for our competitors.
- Our company has been endorsed as a HIA GreenSmart Professional (since 1999) and proud to be a HIA Gold member (since 1994).